Monday, May 28, 2012

Sometimes you just know its going to be alright

So this past weekend was Leeds Loves Food when a lot of independent and bigger food and beverage type people takeover Millennium Square and get the locals excited about sunshine and good products and even better food.
My lovefest is coming to a close with this great festival but only after I wondered up to Kirkstall Brewery's stand and saw somethings that I know would make a match made in food heaven. Sierra Nevada's mustard were on show now if you haven't got a chance to sample any of the three mustard and are a mustard lover I suggest you get you ass in gear and find some of these beauties. They make 3 that I know of and here is a picture. Now on my initial wander up to the stall I spied the Stout and Stoneground but my i know that a porter would compliment a certain NY Style Deli sandwich that I have been wanting for a while so I bought the Porter and Spicy Brown. While I chatted away I noticed the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale now this might be an ale reserved for the Winter months but I remember drinking it and I thought it was lovely so I made it mine and I was pretty damn excited about my food and beer matching. My sandwich consisted of a rustic knot bread, the porter mustard, pastrami, gherkins and a little bit of Philadelphia Cheese. Now this was an epic sandwich and one my taste buds just salivated over. So if you are in the market for a sandwich of epic tastiness and a beer to match this is your pairing.


View IMG-20120528-00096.jpg in slide show

No comments:

Post a Comment